Thursday, April 23, 2009

Epic Print

It’s a common situation: I’m sitting in front of my computer with Microsoft Word open. Tomorrow, a 10-page paper is due and my screen is blank. Not a single word is typed. Luckily, those 10 pages have to be double spaced. I go up to the Paragraph settings and change it, right?
No.
I will endure writing all of my pages with single spacing. Even if it seems like it’s taking longer. Even if it’s harder to read. Even if it makes me think that I have less. I will endure.
Now why would I want to put myself through that type of torture?
Although the paper must be ten pages in length, once an entire (yea, entire) five pages have been written in single spacing, the trigger can be set.
For, by only going to the Paragraph settings window, one can set the spacing to “Double,” click “OK and. . .
Rumble. . .
Rumble rumble. . .
CRASHHHHHH!!
By the mere click of a button, my paper has magically and magnificently DOUBLED IN LENGTH. That’s right. All of the time I spent writing the five pages seemed like a century in comparison to the five seconds it took me to make five more pages.
And I can relax and unwind with the subtle clanging of my printer, printing out two times the amount of pages I had only moments before.
That is what makes my printing epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment